Battery Selection and Sturtevant Richmont Tools
There are some important things to know about battery selection and Sturtevant Richmont tools.
We build highly durable tools with sophisticated electronics. We design circuits to be as energy efficient as possible. We are also concerned about the environment.
Our tool and tester circuit boards are designed on the highly consistent 1.2 volt power curve provided by rechargeable NiMH batteries. Other batteries like Alkaline or Lithium batteries provide 1.5 volts in the power curve. The additional voltage will damage the circuit board.
Please Remember These NiMH Battery Facts:
- NiMH rechargeable batteries come in a range of mAh (milli-amp hour) ratings.
- The rating difference is the number of operational hours the battery will supply.
- The higher the mAh rating, the longer the batteries last between charges.
- High mAh rated batteries take longer to charge than low mAh rated batteries.
- Quick chargers shorten useful battery life.
- The trickle charger is the best way to recharge the batteries and preserve battery life.
Sturtevant Richmont Tools Using NiMH Batteries:
1100 Series Exacta 2 Digital Torque Wrenches
1200 Series Exacta 2 Digital Torque Wrenches
1250 Series Exacta 2 Digital Torque and Angle Wrench
Exacta 2 Digital Torque Wrench
System 8 Digital Torque Tester
Torq-Tronics 2 Digital Torque Tester
There is more about error proofing in our tool pages. If you need more, your Sturtevant Richmont Sales Professional is a great resource to help. here.
Contact your Sturtevant Richmont Sales Professional.
Sturtevant Richmont tools are proudly made by highly capable union hands.