In 1946 our beam wrenches no longer fit in the nose cone of the new fighter planes.
So we invented the preset click wrench.
In 1956 we patented the first interchangeable heads for torque wrenches.
You might recognize the dovetail design.
In 1998 we placed a cable on the end of the preset click wrench so it could talk with a PTV (Programmable Torque Verifier) and a PLC (Programmable Logic Controller).
In 1999 we embedded a radio in that same wrench so it could wirelessly talk with the PTV. Later we introduced the TCV (Torque Control Verifier).
Next, we added an onboard radio so it could have fast, clear, communication with 2008 just released Global 8.
We upgraded from a 900 MHz radio frequency to 2.4 GHz. Then we converted the radio and the battery from a 6 volt to the AAA. Faster radio, longer battery life, lower-cost battery.
Since we invented the first preset click wrench more than 70 years ago, we've done a lot to that wrench so customers continue to gain new uses for this tool.
The preset click wrench works with every one of our torque controllers: from the PTV up to the Global 400mp.
What else could we possibly do to that wrench? Yes, that wrench is old enough to retire, but this wrench isn't built that way. This wrench is engineered to keep working.
The Internet of Things (IoT) is gathering more information about assemblies:
Data mining from the gathered data wants to know who the operator was and which tools were used. Some fasteners require two wrenches to bring the fastener into compliance. Error proofing at our level doesn't allow for wrenches to be left out of the equation. Our wireless error-proofing systems are all about assembly success.
Whether you know them as "backup tools, holding tools, or holding wrenches, our radio-equipped Holding Tool Technology wrenches are one of a kind. (Patented)
To solve the challenge of innovation and creating a holding tool for wireless error proofing we went to our tried and true preset click wrench.
Enter the ALL-NEW Holding Tool Technology wrenches from Sturtevant Richmont.